Job Title: Water Leak Detection Team Leader
Reports to: Projects Manager
Job Ref: WLDTL/UU/18
Department: Leakage Technology – Northern Region
Location: North West England/Manchester/Cheshire
Salary Band: £25,000 - £28,000
Contract: Full Time/April 19
Equipment: Vehicle (van), smart phone, Aqualogic leak detection equipment
Aqualogic require a motivated new member of a pioneering team providing Network Water Leak Detection to Utility Customers. The successful candidate must have extensive leak detection knowledge and experience of job management within clients systems.
The candidate will be required to assist a team of 5 low skilled technicians to detect leaks and to process jobs onto the client system avoiding false reporting. We would expect the candidate to develop one to one training and support for low skilled operatives supported by our management team.
The role will adopt the use of Aqualogic’s unique smart leak detection systems, designed to allow personnel to develop rapidly therefore assisting our clients reduce water leaks and losses on their networks. Full training and going support will be provided.
The candidate must possess a clean driving licence and be willing to work across region. The role will have an element of weekly night work (min 1 out of 5 days) and is wholly conducted in the field.
As a member of the Leakage Technology Team your main duties will be:
- Support a team of 5 low skilled technicians via supervision and assistance
- Utilise provided Leak Noise Correlator to verify points of interest
- Using supplied technology to record acoustic sound files across a water distribution network using digital equipment
- Working independently as a single person unit within urban/suburban environments
- Adhere to performance indicators as set out by the client
- Produce daily reports using provided systems
- Liaise with clients and project management in adding verified leaks to client management systems
Skills and Experience highly beneficial for this role are:
- Used to working outdoors with extensive environmental/mechanical knowledge of water distribution systems specialising in leak detection
- Self motivated individual with an eye for detail and a focus on customer service and team work
- A clean UK driving licence
- Ability to prioritise a variety of tasks
- A minimum of 5 GCSE pass grades
- Higher education achievements in relevant disciplines advantageous.
- Vocational Achievements NVQ/C&G advantageous.
- Water Hygiene, Street works and Manual handling accreditation essential
If you feel that your skills and experience match the role criteria the please apply using the form below.