Aqualogic were asked to support a leading utility consultant to assist in meeting tough new regulatory reduction targets for their client, a major UK Water company.
The TechThe Aqualogic team used the iQuarius mobile leak detection technology for sampling and advanced correlation, supported by Trimble Unity works management platform.
The TeamsEach team is made up of two pods; each pod made up of 1 leakage engineer and 3 technicians. The smart team has a designated data analyst filtering data and passing POI’s onto the leak engineers for detection and repair.
Our team of Analysts are highly trained in their field, and all have background in data analysis and data science.
Aqualogic's team of highly skilled and experienced analysts will sift through thousands of sound samples. This simplifies and speeds up the POI follow up process. Analysis of sound files are typically available within 24 hours after sampling.
Our Leakage Engineers are experienced, fully trained and fully qualified in their field.
Our Leakage Technicians are recruited completely untrained. Once on-board they are given the highest standard of training in Health & Safety, Water Hygiene, Street Works, as well as being taught the key principles of leakage and leak detection..
The Hardware - iQuarius Smart Sensor
The iQuarius Smart Sensor is a powerful and versatile leak noise analysis and correlation device that works on most modern Android Smart devices.
It can be used to allow our technicians to undertake acoustic surveys in its using it's base model form (iQ100) or as a powerful and accurate Leak Noise Correlator with Hydrophone capability it's more advance form (iQ200/300)
- Data is recorded and presented locally and analysed on the dashboard
- Wide ranging skills and experience versatility
- Map-based data presentation (GIS) for all results
- Correlation survey feature for rapid coverage
- Field team supervision promoting collaboration
The Smart Journey
Target zone to conduct investigation:
- High Night Line
- Historic NRW
- iQuarius will forensically sample 100% of available fittings in the target area.
- It collects high levels of performance and acoustic detail.
Collection & Communication
- Samples synced with our analysts live via the mobile device.
- Each sound sample time and geo-stamped.
- 5-10 sec sample WAV stored.
- Database and mapping visualisation on iQuarius dashboard.
Data Management & Display
- Analyst filters samples monitoring performance and trends.
- High probability POI’s sent to Leak Engineer for pinpoint and repair.
- Data available for continual analysis.
- Big data sets available for MI and predictive analytics.
The iQ Team Technique
- Night shifts, 20:00 – 06:00 Hrs. 4 shifts per week.
- Working in pairs.
- Technicians use iQuarius 100 to systematically survey all the fittings within the targeted zone (Harvesting Leak Noise):
- Stop taps/Services
- Valves & Hydrants
- Customer meters
- Between 5 and 10 second samples taken and analysed instantly.
- 300 samples collected per person typically.
- Information automatically synchronised with IQS system.
- Data analyst reviews data checking relevant sound files.
- Filtered POI’s distributed for follow up’s using Trimble Unity Works Management to Leakage Engineers.
- Experienced leakage engineers follow up all POI’s using iQuarius 300 for correlation and submit to client for repair or follow up.
Sampling (Acoustic Survey)
- Forensic investigation of DMA through acoustic data collection
- Technicians collate in excess of 300 data points per shift
- 100% Verification of area includes;
- Stop taps
- Boundary valves
- Customer meters
- Service pipes
- Other fittings including fire hydrants and washouts
- Analysis within 24hrs – progressed for strategic investigations
- Acoustic POIs progressed through to Trimble ‘UNITY’
- Leakage Engineers receive digital work orders for further investigation
- Experienced Leakage Engineers are utilised 100% proving/reporting leaks
- Real time leak reporting through the ‘UNITY’ platform
Big Data Reporting
- Real time sample progress, broken down by technician
- POI to Leak conversion rates
- Total leak savings broken down by Date, DMA and Engineer
- Leak Exchange rate for performance of Engineer
- Category of leak analysed by Engineer
Key Statistics - Two Team Performance
Annual Projected Savings Per Team